5 Things Productive People Do
We all know “those” people – the ones who seem to have a million balls in the air but manage to catch each one. Their businesses appear to run like a dream and they’re doing all.the.things.
How do they do it?
It’s no big secret – people who achieve a lot are productive. They understand the value of time and the importance of systems and use both to their advantage. Yes, some people are born this way, but with a few hacks there is no reason why you can’t become more productive.
Here’s our best tips to become as productive as possible!
1. Value time – productive people understand time is a resource. They are comfortable saying “no” to things that won’t serve them. They allow for buffer times between appointments and events, to reduce stress. We can all agree less stress equals clearer thinking.
2. Delegate – no one can do it all, nor should they. Productive people delegate non crucial tasks to trusted co workers, employees or assistants. This means they maximise the time they have to do other important tasks.
3. Have routines/schedules – productivity means spending time organising. It sounds boring, but planning in advance for projects or events, means not rushing at the last minute. Having set times to do certain tasks each week means you don’t forget things, and you spend less time thinking about what needs doing. Set schedules means less decision making, which means more clearer thinking too.
4. Take time out – time away from your business is a must to remain fresh, inspired and sharp mentally. It may feel counter productive, but the opposite is true. In today’s fast paced world it may feel impossible to take a step away from your business. But often, a few hours of complete separation from your work can provide a lot of mental clarity.
5. Avoid procrastination – as we know, productive people value time. Procrastinating leads to time wasting, so they avoid it at all costs. How do you avoid procrastination? See points 2 and 3. Delegation and set schedules or routines help reduce (or remove!) procrastination.
Some of the hacks above may seem obvious, but if you’re not doing them then it doesn’t hurt to have a gentle reminder, right? If these ideas are new to you, don’t try and jump in all at once. It will stress you out, rather than help! Tackle the list one at a time, then don’t move on until you’ve mastered each item.
We’re sure you will feel more productive at work and be more at ease in life. Your family and friends will notice the difference!
Pricing to suit your needs – now and in the future…
Our flexible plans mean you can start where you are now, and move as your business grows.